Our coffee training courses are designed to fit your needs whether you are an amateur enthusiast wanting to learn more about your favourite beverage, or a professional barista hoping to be the next world barista champion. All our barista training courses run for a day, it is also possible to organise a 2 day course or a weeks’ training programme.
- Coffee harvesting, processing and roasting
- The role of the barista
- Grinder and espresso machine operation, cleaning and maintenance
- Factors affecting coffee
- The perfect espresso and its daily quality control
- Milk texturing techniques
- Drinks preparation and presentation
- Introduction to Cupping
- Espresso workshop with a variety of coffee origins
- Create your own blends
- Milk steaming techniques and jug selection
- Multiple order and consistency in quality
- Introduction to latte art skills
During this course you will learn how to taste and recognize the different flavours and aromas in single origin coffees. A selection of some of the best coffees available on the market today from around the world will be on the cupping table. This course is also a great way for home brewers who would like to extend their existing knowledge.
- How to set up a cupping table
- How we taste
- The world of coffee (coffee growing regions and tasting notes)
- Cupping single origin coffee
Latte Art Course
Make your business stand out from the crowd by adding beauty and style to your coffee with latte art.
Latte art is a technique used by baristas to create a variety of patterns on the surface of milk based drinks, this is achieved by mixing the rich golden brown colour of the crema with smooth velvety milk.
On average it takes 3 hours to train a barista in the basic techniques of latte art, then the rest of the day is spent on practice and perfection. You will have the opportunity to learn how to free pour Hearts, Rosettas and Tulips.